Direct Support Staff
The Arc Knox County wants you to join our growing team of Direct Support Professionals today! If you’re seeking a meaningful job that directly impacts the lives of others, this position is for you! DSPs are the core of our organization and make a difference in people’s lives daily.
We have Part Time Positions Open!
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide the maximum level of supervision at all times to each individual served, according to their Individual Support Plan.
- Plan and provide input into the activities (educational and recreational) that are designed for the residents, including specific outings requested by the individual residents.
- Document the distribution of all medications given to the clients. This includes: prescribed medication, non-prescription over-the-counter medications, PRN medications (as circumstances may require), and monitoring medication reactions.
- Provide transportation for all the residents to their daily activities or appointments.
- Assist with Sunshine Leisure Services activities as requested by the Residential Services Director and/or the Leisure Services Director. Responsibilities include promoting the goals of the leisure program such as independence, decision making, problem solving interpersonal relationships, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of meals and the cleaning of the home (including debris/trash on the outside grounds).
- Provide instruction and any necessary assistance to the residents in basic living areas such as hygiene, toileting, bathing, cooking, cleaning, and laundry and social/recreational/leisure skills.
Education Requirements: A high school diploma or GED with a minimum of at least (1) year previous work-related experience with developmentally disabled Adults in a related field is preferred. This requirement can be waived or modified to allow the highest qualified individual to be hired for this position.
Position Requirements: Complete certification classes for Medication Administration for Unlicensed Personnel. Complete all required DIDD training (CPR, First Aid, Title VI, Universal Precautions, support training) in a timely manner. Maintain certifications and complete refresher training annually. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Tennessee driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance company.
WANT TO KEEP UP WITH THE ARC KNOX COUNTY?
We periodically send out newsletters as well as our monthly calendar. If you would like that info emailed to you, click the button to subscribe!